Last Updated: May 24, 2018
Spruz ("Spruz", "we", "us") is powered by the Spruz Social Website Platform that provides a set of services that enable users to to create their own websites as part of the Spruz Website Network ("Network"). Spruz is not involved in the management of websites as part of the Network and is not involved in the decisions related to the focus of websites or the content uploaded or published to websites using the Spruz Platform. Users that create websites are responsible for managing them in all respects in compliance with our Terms of Service.
Your privacy on the Internet is of the utmost importance to us. At Spruz, we want to make your experience online satisfying and safe. Because we gather certain types of information about our users, we feel you should fully understand our policy and the terms and conditions surrounding the capture and use of that information. We may collect and use information pertaining to each of our unregistered visitors and registered users ("User" or "Customer" (respectively), or "you"), in connection with their access to and use of Spruz's websites (including www.spruz.net and any of its subdomains, the "Website") and related services (collectively, the "Services"). This privacy statement discloses what information we gather and how we use it.
The Spruz Website Platform enables Users to create websites that allows for the sharing of web content such as photos, videos and other data. Without information about you, we may not be able to provide you with the Services.
Scope and Consent
Personally Identifiable Information
We collect personally identifiable information ("PII") via the Site and the Service. PII is any information that may be used to contact, identify or locate an individual, and includes, but is not limited to, your name, phone number, email address and postal addresses. We generally collect PII under the following scenarios:
- When you choose to provide us with your PII via the Site or any websites created as part of the Network; including, when you send us an email asking a question, we use that information to answer your question and will store it for a reasonable time.
- When you use the Service via the Site or any websites in the Network, Spruz collects your name and email address. Spruz also asks you to select a password for your account. Spruz uses this information to help maintain your account.
- When you register to use the Service on the Site or any websites in the Network, we collect PII that may include your name, email address, postal address, billing details (e.g., name, physical billing address, and payment method), and demographic information, such as age and gender. Spruz may use the information collected to analyze the usage of the Service and/or to compile anonymous statistics.
- We may periodically publish an email newsletter. You may choose to receive Spruz email newsletter when you register to use the Site or any websites in the Network. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive the email newsletter, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided within the email.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
Spruz also collects non-personally identifiable information ("Non-PII") via the Site and the Service. Non-PII is information that may not, on its own, be used to identify or locate a personal or entity, and includes your IP address, browser type, and your computer's operating system. Spruz collects Non-PII under the following scenarios:
- When you visit the Site, our servers automatically collect Non-PII, including but not limited to your IP address, your browser type, your network information, your computer's operating system, and the web page you were visiting before your came to the Site. This information is used for Site maintenance, to improve the relevance of the content that you see, and for reporting purposes.
- When you register on the Site, our servers automatically collect the Non-PII items described above as well as your interactions with Spruz staff and other registered Site users. We retain this Non-PII in our internal system as part of your registered account. We use this information internally to analyze the aggregate activities and preferences of our registered Site users, and to track and assess your interest in becoming a paid subscriber to the Service.
Users of Users Information
Spruz may collect similar information pertaining to visitors and users of our User's Websites or Services ("Users-of-Users"), solely for and on our Users' behalf. For such purposes, Spruz is considered as a "Data Processor" and not as the "Controller" (as defined in the European Data Prototection Directive) of such Users-of-Users Information. The Users controlling and operating such User Websites serves as the "Controllers" of such Users-of-Users Information, and are responsible for complying with all laws and regulations that may apply to the collection and control of such Users-of-Users Information, including all privacy and data protection laws of all relevant jurisdictions. You are responsible for the security, integrity, and authorized usage of your Users-of-Users' Personal Information, and for obtaining any consents and permissions required for the collection and usage of such information.
Spruz cannot provide legal advice to Users or their Users-of-Users. We recommend that all Users publish and maintain clear and comprehensive privacy policies on their User Websites, in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations, and that all Users-of-Users carefully read those policies and make sure that they consent to them.
If you are a visitor, user or customer of any of our Users, please read the following: Spruz has no direct relationship with the individual Users-of-Users who Personal Information it processes. If you are a visitor, user or customer of any of our Users, and would like to make any requests or queries regarding your Personal Information, please contact such User(s) (who is the "Controller" of such data) directly.
Spruz has implemented reasonable security measures to protect the Personal Information that you share with us, including physical, electronic and procedural measures. We regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks, and regularly seek new ways for further enhancing the security of our Services and protection of your privacy.
Third Party Data Collection
Spruz may use third-party companies to service ads and/or collect Non-PII (e.g., the pages you visit, and which links you click, which ads you see and click on, and certain demographic information such as age and gender) when you visit the Site and/or use the Service(s). Please note that some Non-PII is also collected from End Users who simply visit the Site and/or visit a web page where the Service is enabled. You may access other third-party services through the Service, for example by clicking on links to those third-party services from within the Services. We are not responsible for the privacy policies and/or practices of these third-party services, and we encourage you to carefully review their privacy policies.
Sharing of Information
Spruz may share information about you as follows:
- With third parties to provide, maintain, and improve our Services, including service providers (e.g., PayPal, Authorize.Net, SendGrid, Elastic Email) who may have access to information about you to perform services on our behalf (e.g., bill and credit card payment processing, hosting and database management services, email services, web analytics and administration).
- With third parties that run advertising campaigns, contests, special offers or other events or activities in connecting with our Services
- With other users of our Services with whom you interact through your own use of our Services.
- In connection with or during the negotiation of any merger, sale of company stock or assets, financing, acquistion, divestiture or dissolution of all or a portion of our business.
- If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary (i) to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (ii) to protect our rights or property, or the security or integrity of our Services or (iii) to protect us, users of our Services or the public from harm or potentially prohibited or illegal activities
- With your consent.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Information
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. However, we will normally collect personal information from you only (i) where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you; (ii) where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights; or (iii) where we have your consent to do so. We have a legitimate interest in operating our Services and communicating with you as necessary to provide these Services, for example when responding to your queries, improving our platform, undertaking marketing, or for the purposes of detecting or preventing illegal activities.
In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
International Data Transfers
Spruz is headquartered in the United States. From time to time, to provide you with Spruz services and allow you to interact with the Spruz brand and Services, we may transfer your information globally. We may process and store your information in the United States, Canada and other countries and we may use third-party service providers who also process, store and transfer your information globally. If you use the Service from a region with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. and Canadian law, please note that you are transferring your personal data to the United States and Canada. The United States and Canada may not have the same data protection laws as other regions. By interacting with our Services, you agree to this storing, processing and/or transfer described above.
Spruz is committed to protecting your personal data. Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorized individuals have access to the information provided by our customers.
Deactivating Your Account
If you wish to deactivate your account, you may do so by logging into your account or by emailing us using the contact details provided below. Spruz generally retains information about you only as long as reasonably necessary to provide you the Services. However, even after you deactivate your Spruz account, we may retain archived copies of information about you and any transactions or Services in which you may have participated for a period of time that is consistent with applicable law or as we believe is reasonably necessary to comply with applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, to prevent fraud, to collect fees owed, to resolve disputes, to address problems with our Services, to assist with investigations, to enforce our Services Agreement or other applicable agreements or policies or to take any other actions consistent with applicable law.
You may request a copy of all the personal information that Spruz holds about you. If you request this information from us we will provide it to you for a fee not exceeding the amount permitted by law. As mentioned above, you can also ask us to correct any errors in this information.